Enterprise resource planning (ERP) integrates internal and external management information across an entire organization, embracing finance/accounting, manufacturing, sales and service, customer relationship management, etc. ERP systems automate this activity with an integrated software application. Its purpose is to facilitate the flow of information between all business functions inside the boundaries of the organization and manage the connections to outside stakeholders.
ERP systems can run on a variety of hardware and network configurations, typically employing a database as a repository for information.
ERP systems typically include the following characteristics:
- An integrated system that operates in real time (or next to real time), without relying on periodic updates. A common database, which supports all applications. A consistent look and feel throughout each module. Installation of the system without elaborate application/data integration by the Information Technology (IT) department.
- General ledger, payables, cash management, fixed assets, receivables, budgeting, consolidation
- Human resources
- payroll, training, benefits, 401K, recruiting, diversity management
- Engineering, bill of materials, work orders, scheduling, capacity, workflow management, quality control, cost management, manufacturing process, manufacturing projects, manufacturing flow, activity based costing, product lifecycle management
- Supply chain management
- Order to cash, inventory, order entry, purchasing, product configurator, supply chain planning, supplier scheduling, inspection of goods, claim processing, commissions
- Project management
- Costing, billing, time and expense, performance units, activity management
- Customer relationship management
- Sales and marketing, commissions, service, customer contact, call center support
- Data services
- Various "self–service" interfaces for customers, suppliers and/or employees
- Access control
- Management of user privileges for various processes
www.pargesoft.com Microsoft Dynamics ERP Software Global Partner