THE MICROSOFT SOLUTION
Microsoft SQL Server 2008
All of our operations software solutions are founded on SQL Server 2008, a high-end, scalable database platform that provides secure, easy access to stored data and can integrate operational data across disparate production and service delivery systems including manufacturing execution systems, enterprise resource planning (ERP), POS, and supply-chain management software (SCM). SQL Server also includes powerful reporting and analysis services that can easily handle demanding analytical applications with millions of records and thousands of users.
Microsoft Dynamics AX
Another key component in our solution offering is Microsoft Dynamics AX which integrates several Microsoft technologies: BizTalk Server for automated data collection; SharePoint for role-based dashboards; SQL Server for performance management; and Microsoft Unified Communications for real-time collaboration capabilities via phone, mobile devices, live meetings, and more. Dynamics AX is a prime example of what Gartner refers to as a “visionary” breed of operational ERP, and a 'System of Differentiation' – one that can support dynamic business operations and augment a legacy administrative system in a two-tier deployment model.
Duet Enterprise for Microsoft SharePoint and SAP
Duet Enterprise, a product jointly developed by SAP and Microsoft, combines the collaboration and productivity supported by Microsoft SharePoint with the business data and business processing functionality of SAP applications. Recognized by Gartner as a 'System of Innovation', Duet Enterprise empowers operations personnel to consume and extend SAP processes and information through a familiar Microsoft SharePoint and Office environment.
And building upon these mission-critical, real-time systems, Microsoft and its certified partners have developed a variety of industry-specific solutions to help you leverage investments in core transactional systems while resolving concerns about adapting legacy systems to a modern, dynamic business environment.
Microsoft Operations Solution Benefits
- Higher efficiency through a familiar, easy-to-use, role-tailored environment
- Connected, collaborative online environments for real-time operational intelligence that spans applications, business processes, and enterprises
- Cost-effective, modern applications that can adapt to dynamic business operations and be scaled for branches, companies, or divisions of any size
- Unified Communications capabilities that provide presence, identity, and collaboration platforms for rapid issue resolution across geographic and organizational boundaries
- Secure storage and retrieval of intellectual property across distributed, multi-enterprise operations via digital rights management (DRM)
- Deeper, more accurate actionable operational intelligence through automated data collection, direct data access, broad reporting, and pervasive performance-management capabilities